|Installing the Slide Server
The Slide version bundled with Tomcat features easy installation and uses
Tomcat's integrated authentication. After you have downloaded this Slide distribution
go the following to get it started:
- Unpack it to a directory of your choice
- If you have previously installed Tomcat and have set the CATALINA_HOME environment
variable, either unset it or set it to the directory you unpacked the distribution to
- Be sure to have at least JDK or JRE 1.3 installed
- If not done, yet, you will have to set the JAVA_HOME enviroment variable to the location
where your JDK or JRE has been installed
- If you are on Windows either double click startup.bat in the bin directory
or use the prompt to change to the bin dir and run startup.bat in this directory - Slide should startup now
- If you are on *n*x systems change to the bin dir and run startup.sh in this directory - Slide should startup now
- Connect to http://localhost:8080/slide - In order to have a WebDAV, not a pure HTTP connect you will
need more than a browser. Either use dedicated WebDAV client software or follow the instructions
in the User's Guide section.
- As authentication is turned on you need to login - admin login is "root" with password "root"
- All up-/downloads should go to the file directory
- Documentation is provided as a .war and can be accees at http://localhost:8080/slide-doc
Slide's binary distribution mainly contains all jars, documentation and web applications. This
distribution will need any Servlet container or application server that supports at least servlet spec
2.3. Web applications slide.war and slide-doc.war can be found at slide/webapp. Simply copy them to
the deployment directory of your servlet container or application server - webapps directory for Tomcat.
If you do not know what this means consult the manual of your servlet
container or application server. To connect to Slide and how to go on from there have
a look at the instructions for the Tomcat bundled distribution above. Notice, however, this
distribution does not use authentication!
|Compiling Slide from Source
In order to successfully build Slide, you will need to do the
following. In the instructions below, $JAKARTA_HOME is assumed to be
the directory into which you are installing all of the required
distributions. The detailed dependency list is available in the next